The DoT gave telecom operators a month’s extension until January 1 for Aadhaar linking process via OTP. Now from January 1, 2018, you will be able to link mobile connections with Aadhaar with the help of OTP method. Apart from granting the extension, DoT has also announced the process of re-verification for non-resident Indians (NRIs), foreigners, senior citizens, and physically challenged persons. Also, interactive voice response (IVR) system-based procedure has been announced. So in this article, I am sharing how NRIs, Foreigners can link aadhaar to their numbers. Also added steps for IVRS 14546 method. Scroll down to know more.
As of now, there is only one way for a subscriber to the re-verify mobile number i,e, by visiting the store. The central government had announced earlier this month that it would simplify the process by enabling one-time password-based authentication. Telcos were told to implement the system through the mobile application or interactive voice response (IVR) system.
IVRS 14546 Method: Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number
- You have to dial an IVR number 14546 from your phone
- Within few seconds, you will hear a computer generated voice
- You will be asked to choose your language
- Now choose your language (Hindi, English, Regionals)
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar UID number carefully
- Now the telecom operator will send the aadhaar number to UIDAI
- UIDAI will verify it
- Now UIDAI will send an OTP to your number
- Enter the OTP manually to complete authentication process
- Bingo; you will receive a confirmation SMS.
- Congrats; Re-verification is done.
Linking Process for NRIs, Foreigners
The foreign nationals who do not have an Aadhaar will be able to re-verify by submitting their passport at the nearest retail outlet. They have to fill up an online form in order to verify their mobile numbers. The requisite documents like copies of passport and visa may be uploaded through the website of their service provider.
NRIs, senior citizens who are above 70 and physically challenged persons who either do not have Aadhaar or their mobile number, is not registered with the UIDAI can also fill an online form along with proof of residence or age or handicap, depending upon the category.