Paytm has announced that they now have payments using BHIM UPI on its platform. Now you can make seamless and instant money transfers directly between two bank accounts, with no waiting time to add a beneficiary using Paytm BHIM UPI. You no need to share your bank details like account number, IFSC code etc to receive money. Now all Paytm users can create their own Paytm BHIM UPI ID issued by Paytm Payments Bank that helps the user to send and receive money instantly.
Paytm BHIM UPI ID
You can create your own Paytm BHIM UPI ID on the app, which will be your mobile-number@paytm by default. You can link any of their Savings bank accounts like SBI, ICICI, Axis Bank etc with this unique Paytm BHIM UPI ID and start sending & accepting money. Paytm BHIM UPI IDs are being accepted across all banks and BHIM UPI apps.
How to Create/ Generate a Paytm BHIM UPI ID?
- Update your paytm app & Login (The new feature is currently available in the Play Store and will soon be available on iOS, Windows).
- Open the app and you will see BHIM UPI section on the homepage.
- Click on it & proceed.
- Now select your bank account.
- Wait for the bank to verify the mobile number linked to the Paytm account.
- Set MPIN.
- That’s it, UPI ID (also called Virtual Payment Address or VPA) will be generated as 9123456789@paytm where 9123456789 is Paytm user’s registered mobile number.
How to Use BHIM UPI on Paytm App?
- After creating your UPI ID, you will be able to use BHIM UPI feature on Paytm.
- In order to send money just tap into BHIM UPI section.
- Enter friends/ family member/ shopkeeper UPI ID & amount.
- Enter MPIN correctly.
- Bingo; money has been transferred instantly.
- In order to receive money just share your ID with your friend, you don’t need to share bank details.
How to Edit my Paytm BHIM UPI ID?
- Open your Paytm App
- Tap on BHIM UPI option
- Now click on your auto-generated ID (Ex: 9123456789@paytm)
- You will be able to edit the ID
- For eg: you can change to pankaj@paytm (If available)
Can I Create UPI ID with Multiple Bank Accounts?
Yes, You can generate BHIM UPI ID with multiple bank accounts. However, you have to set a primary bank account in order to accept and send payments.
Is there a per transaction limit?
Yes, You can transfer up to Rs. 1 Lakh per day as per the government regulation.
What is a BHIM UPI PIN?
BHIM UPI PIN is a 4 or 6 digit PIN that can be used for authenticating your UPI transactions. Your UPI PIN will be validated by the bank whose account you are using to pay with. The UPI PIN is different for different bank accounts.
- OFFER: Get Rs 25 Cashback on Creating UPI, Visit Here